Thursday, January 21, 2010

Faeman...?

Ah, the unexpected tribulations of being an author. Just when I thought I was free and clear with The Faeman Girl, my agent emailed to say recent research has shown, contrary to what you might imagine, that young male readers shy away from books with 'girl' in the title. (Unless, presumably, it's preceded with a word like 'naked.') So, despite my earlier assurances, the book will not now be published as The Faeman Girl after all. New titles under consideration are The Faeman Heir or possibly just The Faeman. Any other suggestions, let me know, but make it fast because catalogues are about to be printed.

7 comments:

Simiyon said...

I like 'The Faeman' - but I'm known for my bad taste in titles. :-)

Anonymous said...

It would be easier if we knew more about the story. Presumably, the heir is the first Faeman, and since she's going to be the heir to both Faerie and Hael Realms, I think "The Faeman Heir" or "Heir - The Faeman" would fit properly.

Herbie Brennan said...

Ta for comments. 'Faeman's Quest' has now been tossed into the ring as well.

Josiane said...

I think that The Faeman Child (like the first title) was pretty good, but The Faeman Heir is, I think, The Best title for this book, but we can't tell you a title for this book, because we don't know all of the story, the actions in this book. You will make the good decision, I'm sure that it will be the best! =)

Aaron said...

I like The Faeman :)

Anonymous said...

Will there be more Faerie War books after this one?

Herbie Brennan said...

There are none planned at the moment, but then again I didn’t plan any more after Faerie Lord either. I’ve just finished a fairly hefty piece of adult non-fiction about the influence of spirits on human history and I planned to take a bit of a break. But then I found myself fiddling round with another novel called Elf, which isn’t part of the Faerie Wars but might qualify as another faerie book of a different type. Life gets complicated, doesn’t it?